Monday, January 29, 2018

Arts and Old Lace Challenge - Art Quilt

As I've mentioned previously, I love to make challenge quilts - quilts made for challenges issued by fabric companies, quilt shows, guilds, organizations, etc. A couple of years ago Artistic Artifacts issued the Arts and Old Lace challenge and this is the quilt I created. Part of my Rising to the Challenge trunk show/lecture.


Here are the materials I received to create my quilt - lots of suiting samples paired with summery stripes and seersuckers and buttons and lace.

One of my favorite techniques is to take the challenge literally and spell it out in paper pieced letters. I used fancy stitches on my machine to highlight the letters and quilt the quilt at the same time.


I used the lace to frame the center of the quilt. I hope you'll be inspired to find a quilt challenge and create your own masterpiece!


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...