Sunday, January 7, 2018

Antique Coxcomb & Currants Quilt and Modern Makeover Repro.

An 1850s coxcomb and currant variation - only one I have seen with the berries making a figure 8 around the combs. Also they only one I've seen with this interesting border combination. Starley quilt collection.

Love the border basket motif.

And it inspired me to create this applique repro block.

Here's a detail of the hand applique and hand quilting with some trapunto work as well.

And the full quilt repro quilt: Pennsylvania Posies for Paducah. Made for the Pilgrim-Roy Invitational Challenge to benefit the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky. It did double duty as I donated the quilt and then purchased it back to share in my "Rising to the Challenge" trunk show as well as my "Everything Old is New Again/Learning from the past" trunk show. It is also available as a hand applique class.


1 comment:

  1. That is a very interesting quilt. I've not seen anything close to like it either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...