Saturday, January 6, 2018

Antique Arrow Quilt and makeover

I'm generally a scrappy/lots of different fabrics kind of person but I couldn't resist this interesting and pretty uncommon arrow pattern.**I've only seen 2 or 3 antique quilts from this pattern so if you have one, please send me a photo.
Antique 1890s Arrow Quilt, 72" x 92" - Starley Collection
 1890s arrow or early + sign quilt that demands to be displayed with the arrows pointing North. And that necessary orientation along with the color scheme inspired the title of my miniature repro: "I've Got the Blues But Things Are Looking UP"! Here the 2 are posing together.

My repro miniature 16" x 16" was made for the Quilt Alliance fundraising contest and did double duty as I donated it and then purchased it back for my Rising to the Challenge Trunk show.

And to show the true mini-ness of the repro that is a quarter next to one of the tiny blocks which are 3" finished. So yes, that pieced center arrow is only 1 inch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...