Friday, March 16, 2018

Hexie Fun Vintage Hexagon Quilt

Hexagon quilts have been around for a long time, since the 1700s in England. Yes, hexie madness is nothing new. I'm particularly fond of hexagons pieced in the medallion setting. Here's one from the 1950s, part of the Starley Quilt Collection.

If this came across my appraisal table I would note the strong visual, graphic appeal due to the careful color placement. Note that it starts out as a simple flower garden rosette and just keeps getting better and better.

Close of the nice variety of prints and solids

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning!
    I noticed how on the eighth row from the center, in the minty green, the maker used two different fabrics, but carefully placed the second fabric around the corners. Makes me feel better to know that my need for "balance" would not have been out of place even back when this was made. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...