Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Day 8 - A Month of Antique Quilts

 Another pattern that I really like is the Caesar's Crown block and I have several that are signature quilts from the 1840s in Pennsylvania. This one from circa 1860 is also from Pennsylvania and though it is not a signature quilt it is still fabulous!!


Such yummy colors. Another name for the block is Strawberry and by the colors on this one, I can see how it got that name.
One of my favorite things about this pattern is the secondary designs created when it is pieced without sashing. Look at the white background between the blocks. See the cross or four bells? Such a cool effect. Enjoy.  Ps. Wondering how the block was made? It is NOT appliqued; instead, it is all curved pieced by hand.



1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if it was one of those tricky pieced quilts. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...