Monday, December 6, 2021

Day 5 - A Month of Antique Quilts - Starley Quilt Collection

 Hope you are enjoying seeing a bit of my collection. I have a strong focus on antique signature quilts as they are such significant pieces of history. And I gravitate to the very oldest signature quilts made in the 1840s when they started to be made.



The block has an ownership block showing for whom it was made and when.  The crowning detail is the ownership/dedication block reading"Elizabeth Bickel or Bectel -His (sic) Property In the Year of Our Lord 1851, Berks/Montgomery County Pennsylvania
Click on the picture to enlarge and read.





1 comment:

  1. Cool. How do you spell his name? I couldn't make sense of all of the letters.
    I love the way the centers are positioned differently, giving the whole thing the impression of being topsy-turvy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...