Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Day 4 - Hand Quilting Blogathon Cheddar Stars

I love recreating antiques in my collection and my miniature Cheddar Stars Over Moab is one of my favorites. Inspired by an antique star quilt in the Starley Collection. Little 3" Stars are foundation/ paper pieced by machine but the quilting is all done by hand.


The stars are small and the full miniature reproduction quilt comes in at just 19" x 24".
This pattern is available on my etsy shop and it is also available as a fun paperpiecing class. You'll learn how to paper piece and create your own wonky star patterns. You'll also learn tips for accurately recreating antique quilts. I'd love to come teach this at your shop or guild.

An action shot of picking out the perfect fabrics to recreate the original.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...