Friday, December 27, 2019

A Jolly Quilt-mas, A Month of Antique Hand Quilting - Day 26 Red and Green French Star

I couldn't do a month of antique quilts without one of my favorite patterns, the French Star. To see another early French Star from the Starley collection, visit Day 3 of this month long journey.

Look at the beautiful grid background quilting and the curves in the swag. Click on photos to enlarge and see details.

Can't go wrong with a swag border and this one is quite impressive. The quilt is from Lancaster Co., Pennsylvania, circa 1865/1870.

The uncommon French Star pattern is part of my Patterns Through Time trunk show (a combination of quilt history, eye candy, and humor). A recent review hailed it as the perfect blend of education and entertainment. The lecture features about a dozen patterns with at least 2 examples per pattern spanning the early 1800s to mid 1900s.  An example are the 2 French Stars below - red/green quilt circa 1870 and multi-colored top circa 1940s. I'd love to come share a bit of my collection with your guild, shop, or show. See more information in the pages (tabs below main banner photo, top of page).


French Star quilts are also part of my Antique Stars  and Quilt Masterpieces trunk shows. I also do custom designed lectures on request. Have Antique Quilts - Will Travel!

1 comment:

  1. This is a block I've only recently seen. Interesting article, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...