In honor of St. Valentine's Day, I went on a search for cupids in my antique quilt collection. Here is the best cupid fabric ever ... The Cupid-Seller or Love Merchant, a toile de Jouy, from Jouy France, Oberkampf fabric company, from 1817. Look at the amazing detail. For more cheeky little cupids... tune in tomorrow
"I Am Bat" Color Block Quilt: Machine Quilting Tutorial
-
Machine quilting this quilt has been a bright spot in my last month. I had
so much fun with the bright colors and the "accuracy isn't important"
aspects o...
8 hours ago

There must be some kind of symbolism in the fact that his boat is made of Brahma horns and it appears that he is sitting on his quiver which is made of a prone gravestone. Maybe it is just me, but I think the artist might have been on "something" - wink! Thanks for sharing this wonderful cupid.
ReplyDelete