Friday, December 21, 2018

Red & Green Antique Quilt Extravaganza - Day 20 Rolling Stone quilt

Rolling Stone signature quilts were very popular in German communities in South Eastern Pennsylvania in the 2nd half of the 19th century (1850-1900). This one is in my collection, Sandra Starley Antique quilt collection and is part of my Antique Signature Quilt Trunk Show as well as my Quilts Stars, Quilt Masterpieces, and Patterns Through Time Lectures/classes.

Here's a close-up of the fabrics and the block for Levi G. Laudermilch. Likely the next generation was using the surname Laudermilk.

This quilt is the only one I've seen so far with an alternating star block.


1 comment:

  1. Rolling stone is one of my favorite blocks and I didn’t know they were commonly made for signatures. Thanks for the interesting post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...