Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Farmers Fancy, Red & Green, Day 10

I know this doesn't look like a Red & Green quilt and it isn't a traditional R & G but I believe the center "flowers" were red & green when it was made. The outer border may have also been red. There is a fair amount of red & green still visible though the cheddar definitely runs the show.

Thought I'd mix up the concept of red & green a bit ;) Pattern is Farmers Fancy and the quilt was most likely made in West Virginia or Virginia.



2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful quilt. I LOVE the burnt yellows and oranges that I often see in antique quilt. It's a colour that we don't see often in today's quilt shops or patterns...I wonder why.
    Have you been able to find reproduction fabric that is close?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...