Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day 12 (really day 43) More Tumbling Blocks

Yesterday, I posted novelty print details from one of my Tumbling Block Star quilts with solid fabric centers. I have several of these tumbling block quilts which are carefully pieced to create stars and that use prints for all the blocks except the center star which is pieced in each of the quilts using only solid fabrics. All are from Lancaster County Pennsylvania and dated to about 1885.




Detail of the wonderful braided border (more diamonds).

Wow, can't believe I'm on day 43 of daily posting (on two blogs so 86 posts in about 6 weeks!). Most of these posts haven't been very detailed so please let me know if you have any questions about any of the quilts posted. Note all of the quilts are from my personal collection which is available for trunk shows, quilt study classes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...