Friday, September 1, 2023

2023 September Monthly Color Challenge - Classic Cars

 For the 4th year, I'm joining in on a fun project run by Jen of PBJ, Patterns By Jen; her awesome free mystery quilt - the 2023 Monthly Color Challenge.  ***SEPTEMBER PATTERN LINK. The Star Pattern is free during September so visit her page after you look at my cute little star block and learn more about it and the Challenge.



This year the inspiration is something totally different: Classic Cars. 


    September's palette is Mustard 



 Of course, my mind and color palette always goes to a more Cheddary Orange color.   Here I'm trying to decide what fabrics to use and how to coordinate with the previous years' projects. (Beautiful batiks from Island Batik, I'm a 2023 Brand Ambassador).

Jen provides super easy to follow instructions for each monthly free pattern and how to videos too. This month's block is a wonky, off center, or uneven half square triangle star block using a unique variation of the flippy corner or stitch & flip method of making 1/2 square triangles. Block size is 12 inch finished. 

I'm using leftovers from my Island Batik fabrics and I didn't think I'd have enough of the darker mustard yellow for the star center. But I was able to to sew together 2 of the cut aways from making the points to sew the center -yay!


You'll definitely want to stop by Jen's blog to get the free pattern and give it a try. It is a fun technique.

And visit the other 2023 Monthly Color Challenge Bloggers for more great blocks and quilty inspiration:







July - Purple- Brianna Roberts https://www.quirkyb.com


September - Mustard - Sandra Starley - you are here :)

October - Blue- Kathryn LeBlanc - www.blockofthemo.com

November - Green - Debbie Wendt - www.debbiewendt.com

December - Orange - Gail Sheppard - https://quiltinggail.com/
 
HAPPY SEWING!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...