Wednesday, February 9, 2022

SEW GOOD Blog Hop - Fabrics Full of Fun!!!

 I'm sew pleased to be part of the launch of the cutest fabric collection ever! Deb Fisher of the Fish Museum has designed her first fabric line full of pure whimsy: SEW GOOD. Pincushions, strawberries and pins; buttons, scissors, and thread; and delightful scallop polka dot stripes for binding.   It is almost impossible to pick a favorite but here are my 4 favorite blocks. The pincushion girls and little birds and buttons are sew sweet, but then look at those scissors and pins and those buttons!  ***Be sure to scroll down to see and visit all the other amazing designers taking part in this blog hop **** 


The fabrics all feature Deb's signature whimsical design style. They made me smile every minute I was sewing or even just gazing at them. Here's my favorite block at the moment.

I decided to make a simple paper pieced star quilt showcasing the wonderful prints.

Cheddar is Sew Good!!
Sandra Starley, 2022

I was inspired by this antique quilt in my collection --

Antique Cheddar Stars, C. 1890, Ohio
Starley Quilt Collection

I love how the new SEW GOOD fabrics make the new quilt totally different from my earlier version shown below made using reproduction fabrics. Cheddar Stars Over Moab Pattern available in my Etsy shop. It has 3 inch blocks which you can enlarge for the 6 inch sized blocks I used for the SEW GOOD quilt.  **Perfect if you want to make your own Cheddar is Sew Good Quilt.

Cheddar Stars Over Moab
Sandra Starley, 2010


***Visit all the stops on the SEW GOOD BLOG HOP**** You'll have a great time!
February 4 - Laura at Slice of Pi Quilts
February 5 - Lissa at Lovingly Lissa
February 6 - Jen at Dizzy Quilter
February 7 - Kim at Go-Go Kim
February 8 - Sherry at Powered by Quilting
February 9 - Sandra at Textile Time Travels :) You are here now.
February 10 - Amy at During Quiet Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...