Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2018 A Very antique Quilty Year

2018 was a year full of antique quilts and a few new ones as well. 
If you aren't part of my Instagram or Facebook world, here is a bit of what you missed (some I have shared here too).

Top row - fabric pick for Cheddar Stars Over Moab (2010 but it is still a popular pic - pattern available); lovely quilt from New England Quilt Museum visit fall 2017 AQSG seminar; Anna Daggs quilt, Smithsonian Museum visit fall 2018 AQSG seminar.

Middle row - Amazing Baltimore Album quilt, 2018 AQSG seminar exhibit; my Quilted Joy Too repro, home after traveling for 4 years with AQSG Civil War Quilt Study; detail of the antique inspiration for Quilted Joy.

Bottom row - Potts signature quilt, Winterthur Museum, AQSG 2018 visit;  great medallion quilt, AQSG 2018 exhibit; detail of 1848 signature quilt in my collection from Chicopee, Massachusetts.  

HMMM, if it seems like I really like the American Quilt Study Group - why YES, I do!


1 comment:

  1. And I loved every one of them! Happy New Year and thanks for sharing all those wonderful quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...