I had fun playing with color and shapes and quilting in making a miniature courthouse steps quilts for the Curated Quilts Mini Quilt Challenge: Triangles. As a quilty attorney, I'm fond of the logcabin variation called Courthouse Steps and liked how it created hourglass triangles with careful color placement. I made 4 wonky freeform blocks and just had fun. The straight line machine quilting also helps create triangles.
1840 Oak Leaf and Reel Rescue
-
Follow up from my last post and the rescue of an 1840 Oak Leaf and Reel
Quilt.
One year ago I first saw this beautiful Oak Leaf and Reel quilt on displ...
7 hours ago


Love your colorful creation!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I’m not sure what you mean by wonky, the logs all appear to be the same width to me. Will this appear in the Curated Quilts journal?
ReplyDeleteJaneV - it isn't super wonky but the logs were all scissor cut/eyeballed and sewn at angles. So semi-controlled wonky not wild wonky. Hope it will be in CQ -entries ended last night so now notifications yet.
Delete