Chimney album block or Grandmothers Choice Block - dated 1840s signature quilt from Delaware and Pennsylvania. Starley Collection, part of my Sign of the Times antique quilt trunk show and class.
Here are some of the amazing signature blocks - enjoy!
Les Bleus d’Alsace 2026 Quiltalong
-
For our 2026 quilalong, I had a plan but after visiting Alsace, a region in
France, my brain led me a different way.
So here we are- my inspiration was ...
8 hours ago

I know these are probably stamps, but, oh to be able to write like that!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely!
ReplyDeleteI am also taken by the tiny stitches!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the pictures. I don't think they are stamps, do you Sandra? I am so blown away with the detail the signature artists were able to create, probably using steel pen nibs and fabric woven much finer than what is available to us today. At least, what is available to us in quilt shops and at a reasonable price.
ReplyDeleteA STUNNING QUILT IN YOUR COLLECTIN .I THINK WITH BEAUTIFUL TURKEY RED .IS THE YELLOWS CHROE YELLOWS OR ?
ReplyDelete